Monday, September 08, 2014

So much for the Sunday Honey-Do list

Rick was (is) still sick, and Brian is an adolescent in every sense of the word. That's a shame, because I had important projects for them to work on! Oh well, that left it to me to

So yesterday I got up before the yellowjackets and picked another huge bowl of prunes. Got seven quarts more of spiced prunes canned, then took my horse out for his daily constitutional and worked on a Christmas present before we had to attend a birthday party and run errands in town.
That took the rest of the afternoon and evening, so there wasn't time at the end of the day for much besides chores and a little more work on that Christmas present. Today I'm barely able to put one foot in front of the other. Part of it is sleep deprivation, part of it is the extra load Rick's lack of activity puts on me. I really hope it's not because my immune system is being overcome by what Rick has! Still, I managed to fill the dehydrator with prunes, get Brian through his schoolwork and practice, then take him to one town for his violin lesson and another city for his first fencing class. (More on that later!) My horse didn't get his daily constitutional, but I did catch Bittersweet to change his coat and fondle his fleece.
I was surprised to see how much lighter it's gotten since this spring's shearing! Still beautiful, dense and soft, though.

That's it from the weary shepherd at . . .

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep on shepherding... all is well.

Susan said...

The whole house would fall down if you got sick. I betcha it's all that extra 'fun' that has fallen on your shoulders. Be sure to take extra good care of yourself.

Mary Ann said...

Oh my gosh, I am praying you don't go down with it, too! There is a terrible virus going around our area right now, it has hospitalized hundreds of kids.

Anonymous said...

One task, one chore, one day at a time. During this very busy harvest season when things need to be squared away before winter getting waylaid by a bug is the pits. Praying you'll not get the bug!