Thursday, October 16, 2014

The post I was going to do...

...before sheep maintenance barged in!

Tuesday evening I finally faced my "fear of fiddly" and tackled the thumbs on my nephew's wee mittens. As with most things, the dread was worse than the deed, and I had both done in short order.

Now to get these washed, dried and in the mail. I knit them as a Christmas present, but would rather my nephew stay warm during his first Nebraska fall and winter than stand on ceremony and wait for an event.

For once I avoided the post-FO slump that is the downside to being a monogamous knitter – I actually cast on Artesian before Tuesday night. Love this color; it is exactly what I imagined for this pattern!

That's it for now from . . .

6 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Can't wait to see your shawl progress. Great pattern!

Spinners End Farm said...

Cute warm kid knits! That is going to be a gorgeous shawl....I hope it is for you. :).

Mt Devon Meanderings said...

I need to get some mittens knit up for the grand babies. Great motivation, but I have a couple other projects on the needles that I need to finish up first.

Anonymous said...

I love the mittens and hat. How small can you make them? Austin will be 10 months in December.

Susan said...

Those mittens and hat are adorable! I love the color, too. What a perfect color for that shawl. I wish I had the focus necessary to complete that pattern...

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute! Little mittens and hats are adorable.