Monday, November 17, 2014

My colors

Last week I noticed what I'd thrown on my bed – Polarfleece riding breeches (Kerrits, my favorite equestrian wear brand) and my handspun Melpomene scarf (I'd worn it to homeschool co-op on my birthday). My comforter (along with carpet and master bath counters) is blue, and everything coordinated nicely. Yep, you can tell what my colors are! (I have several tops in that light teal color that I could have added to the coordinating pile, too.)

I also wear a lot of black. Grey, not so much, but I couldn't get a certain color of grey out of my mind for Romi's Artesian, and found it at OFFF. I finished my silvery wing of a shawlette/scarf on Saturday night:
What a great pattern (as all of Romi's are). Now if only the blocking fairies would visit so I can wear it. (While they are here they could do my Red Rock Canyon shawl as well....)  :-/

I had my next project all lined up, and cast on immediately after finishing Artesian. No details, as it's a gift knit, except that I'm using a lovely skein of Madelintosh tosh dk in Alizarin. Yum.

That's it for now from . . .

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I love your scarf...gorgeous colours...looks so soft. X

Thistle Cove Farm said...

It's all so beautifully coordinated; bet you look wonderful when you wear it all!

Unknown said...

That's an interesting shawl shape. I'm wondering how it's worn. You make beautifully knit garments!!!

Michelle said...

Maggie, both scarves pictures are made of merino, so yes, very soft.

Sandra, I'm sure I'd turn heads if I wore my riding breeches with my scarf out and about – but for all the wrong reasons! ha

Nancy Kay, I really like the asymmetry of Artesian; it has a more modern look. You just throw in around your neck and shoulders like any other small shawl. If you click on the pattern link, you'll see some example of styling. And thank-you! (It's easy with good patterns and nice yarn. ;-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yep, those are definitely your colors :-D. All lovely!