Thursday, January 08, 2015

Daily D

Yesterday morning I was the first one up, as usual. Approaching dawn brightened the cloudless sky. Absorbed in worship, then emails, I didn't notice the fog creeping up the hill on silent feet until it had almost reached the house:

Fog was forecast for the day, but who can properly predict fog? After wrapping us in a close grey blanket, the sun broke through and a polychromatic world revealed itself once again. By evening, when I had to drive Brian to fencing? Total pea soup.

Rinse, repeat. This morning I drove down into that blanket of fog to go to work:
By the time I left work, the fog had lifted again, residual haze creating pastel landscapes painted by a Master. I had to be selfish with the beauty, because there were no good places to pull over and snap photos. Until I got to our lane:

This evening on our way to fencing, we were treated to this:

(Photo courtesy of Brian through the car window.)

We don't get much sun at this latitude (45° 1157' North) at this time of year, but what we get is breathtaking. For my RDA of D, I take a capsule!

That's it for today from . . .

4 comments:

Susan said...

What a picturesque place you live in! We get very little sun during the winter, too. I can't make it through winter without my capsulized daily dose of D.

Unknown said...

You captured some outstanding photos of the landscape this time of year. Lovely!!

C-ingspots said...

So pretty Michelle! We are blessed to live in such a beautiful (and temperate) area.

Sharon said...

Yeah, I take D3 too - from Costco. Mighty pretty country you have there. The fog I can do without - had my fill growing up in San Diego.